- RSS Channel Showcase 3413427
- RSS Channel Showcase 3068034
- RSS Channel Showcase 6559853
- RSS Channel Showcase 9652648
Articles on this Page
- 01/11/10--12:23: _Hybrid: Consulting ...
- 01/11/10--13:19: _Justify Your Invest...
- 01/15/10--06:58: _A Little Advice
- 01/26/10--07:06: _How Does Your Compa...
- 01/28/10--10:57: _Great Development Shop
- 01/29/10--06:35: _A Perspective on Co...
- 02/02/10--06:45: _Strategy Check List
- 02/04/10--07:26: _Reading and Managin...
- 02/22/10--04:26: _A Blog Post Worth R...
- 02/22/10--06:11: _Business is Moving ...
- 02/24/10--14:27: _Branding You Won’t ...
- 02/24/10--14:41: _Strategy Uprising f...
- 03/22/10--07:49: _Social Media Strategy
- 03/29/10--11:22: _A Culture of Entitl...
- 04/08/10--06:19: _Listen
- 04/09/10--01:00: _The Impact of a Bra...
- 04/10/10--01:00: _Turning Friends Int...
- 04/11/10--01:00: _Foursquare Helping ...
- 04/12/10--01:00: _Besting Twitter
- 04/13/10--01:00: _The Sphere of Influ...
- 01/11/10--12:23: Hybrid: Consulting Firm & Advertising Agency
- 01/11/10--13:19: Justify Your Investment
- 01/15/10--06:58: A Little Advice
- 01/26/10--07:06: How Does Your Company Value Innovation?
- 01/28/10--10:57: Great Development Shop
- 01/29/10--06:35: A Perspective on Competition
- 02/02/10--06:45: Strategy Check List
- 02/04/10--07:26: Reading and Managing the Zone
- 02/22/10--04:26: A Blog Post Worth Reading
- 02/22/10--06:11: Business is Moving Forward
- 02/24/10--14:27: Branding You Won’t Forget
- 02/24/10--14:41: Strategy Uprising for the Creation of Sustainable Businesses
- 03/22/10--07:49: Social Media Strategy
- 03/29/10--11:22: A Culture of Entitlement
- 04/08/10--06:19: Listen
- 04/09/10--01:00: The Impact of a Brand: Nike
- 04/10/10--01:00: Turning Friends Into Customers
- 04/11/10--01:00: Foursquare Helping Businesses?
- 04/12/10--01:00: Besting Twitter
- 04/13/10--01:00: The Sphere of Influence
Amidst the stories of mass layoffs and rising unemployment emerges a company determined to bring authenticity, integrity, and value back to the business environment. Junction Creative LLC (Junction), an Atlanta-based strategy firm, defies traditional boundaries to create a hybrid between a consulting firm and an advertising agency. Junction consults with emerging and existing businesses, providing […]
Identify risk and return with sufficient accuracy and confidence to justify investment.” The Boston Consulting Group Any questions?
In 2009, one of our clients spent a sizable portion of his budget on an agency who boasted their strategic services. The strategy document, all though well-formatted, complete with fancy charts, were devoid of a sustantive strategy. The 8-page deliverable read like a book report. Unfortunately, the end result for our client was a fiscal waste. […]
As a new decade befalls us, we are reminded of the importance of value innovation. It is the way to become more efficient, compete more aggressively, deliver better results to create more sustainable growth are abuzz. If we define innovation as new ideas; thinking outside traditional boundaries; new products or services, how is it that one creates this […]
Congratulations to Jason Tye and his team at Doublejump Interactive for the launch of their new site. www.doublejumpinteractive.com
As reluctant consumers curb spending, companies are facing what seems an insurmountable task of gaining a slice of what market share remains. The traditional approach has been to compete directly with competitors most times offering the same products and services with varied pricing. This model has certainly proven to be successful in the past. However, what if companies […]
Developing a strategy, whether enterprise wide or at the functional level, is a daunting task for any company. Here’s a high-level check list to get start the conversation. What is the vision? What is the overarching strategy and tactics for executing this vision? What resources are required to execute on the strategy? Define milestones. Who […]
Linda Richardson, author of Sales Coaching: Making the Leap from Sales Manager to Sales Coach, wrote an interesting perspective on zones that proves relevance to employees across an enterprise….The value in understanding the cultural zone of your employees yields increased employee retention which directly correlates to a more profitable company. Let’s dig deeper. 4 Cultural […]
Creative Age: Tearing Structure Apart http://bit.ly/cr8U7i
San Diego Innovation Economy Doubles Start-up Rate and VC Funding Outpaces Most Regions with 90% Jump There was a leap in the pace of launching new technology companies in the second quarter of 2009, CONNECT’s newly released Second Quarter 2009 Innovation Report shows. Start-ups were up 53% with 102 companies launched. In the first quarter […]
This is the most unique brand experience that I had to share: Call Nestle Hotline at 1-800-295-0051. When asked if you want to continue in English or Spanish, wait QUIETLY for about 10 seconds and I PROMISE you will smile. Keep going and press 4. Then any option after. Don’t ruin the surprise for the […]
2009 was riddled with stories of corporate downsizing, bankruptcies, and economic uncertainty. The environment rattled even the most accomplished businesses. Some failed, closing the doors forever. Others narrowly survived and new businesses are emerging, both facing the incredible challenge of adapting to a new business climate. It is what one company calls a strategy uprising.
Thoughts on strategy from SXSW: http://webworkerdaily.com/2010/03/17/its-the-social-media-strategy-struggle/
Reading the LA Times article about Silicon Valley tech firms and the perks offered to employees. A ride in a $200,000 vehicle….. I remember a time when going home an hour early was considered a perk…What are we saying to the future of this industry? http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-fi-perks28-2010mar28,0,3505494.story?page=2&track=rss
As the marketing world evolves, it’s often the case that creative motivations take precedence over what customers actually want and expect. Listen to your customer. Accept that it’s more about them than you.
Nike is certainly making waves with a bold, new commercial where Tiger Woods stares blankly into the camera as the voice of late Earl Woods questions the golfer. Whether you think this ad is genius or just plain odd, the impact of this commercial is certainly producing results. Kudos Nike! http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/08/sports/golf/08tv.html?ref=business
Another company leveraging fans, friendships, and family to move products. http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/07/how-to-turn-your-blogs-readers-into-paying-customers/?src=me&ref=technology Will this latest trend provide consumer adoption and expected conversion?
Fourquare, a location-based social network, provides new tools for businesses to better track customers. So far 30 businesses are testing the real-time data and will quickly be rolled out to 900 businesses. The data will provide businesses with an opportunity to customize customer promotions. http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/09/foursquare-introduces-new-tools-for-businesses/?ref=smallbusiness Foursquare users have the option to keep their information private. […]
Well, Dennis Crowley, CEO of Foursquare (a mobile check-in service), is on the venture circuit traveling to the Silicon Valley and Boston. Foursquare is poised to reach more than 1 milllion users faster than Twitter. With the recent news of tool designed to provide real-time data to businesses, Mark Zuckerberg beware. What does this mean? It could […]
Chris Brogan talks about unique perspective on how to make money with your blog. Loosely translated from a recent interview, he advises never to ask your community for money, but rather ask the larger corporations for money. By not asking your community directly for money, they in turn will seek you out. He notes that […]